What is the syllabus for UPSC Civil Service (IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS ...) exams
- 24 May 2023
- Liberty Career Acade
- 0 COMMENTS
The syllabus for the UPSC Civil Services Examination is designed to assess the candidates' knowledge, aptitude, and overall intellectual ability. The examination consists of three stages - the Preliminary Examination, the Main Examination, and the Personality Test (Interview). The syllabus for each stage is as follows:
1. Preliminary Examination:
- Paper 1 - General Studies: Current events of national and international importance, Indian history and national movement, Indian and world geography, Indian polity and governance, economic and social development, environmental ecology, biodiversity, and climate change, general science and technology.
- Paper 2 - Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT): Comprehension, interpersonal skills, logical reasoning and analytical ability, decision-making and problem-solving, general mental ability, basic numeracy, data interpretation, and English language comprehension.
2. Main Examination:
- Paper A - Indian Language (Qualifying Paper)
- Paper B - English (Qualifying Paper)
- General Studies I: Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society
- General Studies II: Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations
- General Studies III: Technology, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management
- General Studies IV: Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude
- Optional Subject Paper 1
- Optional Subject Paper 2
3. Personality Test (Interview): The interview is intended to assess the candidates' personal suitability for a career in public service by evaluating their intellectual and moral qualities, their grasp of current affairs, their ability to think critically, and their overall personality.
The UPSC releases a detailed syllabus for the Civil Services Examination every year in the official notification. It is advisable to refer to the official UPSC notification for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the syllabus for the examination.
For more details visit their official website of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) at https://upsc.gov.in./